We are totally committed to reducing waste, reducing our Carbon Footprint and doing our bit for the future. We've worked hard to achieve our Gold Enviro-Mark®NZ certification and we are justifiably proud of our record!
Dealing with Prestige isn't just good for your budget, it's good for the future.
Our commitment to environmental sustainability is demonstrated by our decision to sign up to Enviro-Mark. Enviro-Mark NZ is an environmental management system marketed and supported throughout New Zealand by Landcare Research.
The Benefits of the Enviro-Mark process are:
- Achievement of health, safety, and environmental legal compliance
- Reduction of environmental risk
- Increase in resource use efficiency (i.e. water, waste, energy, and raw materials)
- Improvement of status with stakeholders by demonstrating environmental commitment.
- Reduction of energy consumption
- Reduction of waste to landfill
- Reduction of potential legal compliance risks
- Increase in staff awareness
What Does This Mean For Our Clients?
Our clients can be assured that we are not just talking the “Green talk”.
Every audit we pass and every accreditation we achieve proves that we are constantly improving our systems, our awareness and most importantly our environment.
Confused about which paper to print on?
It is easy to get confused when considering the environmental choices of paper. It’s not only the source of the paper, but also whether it will be successfully recycled.
There are advantages and disadvantages to recycled paper and that has to be weighed against using paper sourced from sustainable forests.
Our Account Managers can guide you in your choice which will vary according to the job, but for an independent paper buying guide we recommend New Zealand Business Council for Sustainable Development.
Then theres the Ink to consider
We use vegetable oil/mineral free inks as recommended by the Ministry for the Environment.
Environmental benefits of mineral free inks include:
- The reduction and/or elimination of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) released into the atmosphere. Mineral free inks are classified as ‘containing less than 1% VOCs’. VOCs are unhealthy to breathe over long periods of time. They also harm the environment by contributing to smog
- They do not contain the following metals or salts: antimony, chromium, selenium, arsenic, mercury, cobalt, cadmium, manganese, lead
- Improved degradability because of the absence of heavy metals
- Healthier work places for printing staff
- Manufacturing from a renewable resource
Above was sourced from Ministry of Environment Website
Environment Policy Statement
Prestige Print is committed to continuing the family legacy of running a sustainable business while being a responsible contributor to society. Our business is providing a service which results in high quality printed articles. We encourage integrity and pride in our work, respect for all people and continual innovation.
Prestige Print is committed to preventing pollution and reducing our effect on the environment.
We will achieve this by:
- Continually reviewing and improving our environmental performance
- Setting environmental objectives and targets
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation and any other requirements relating to our environmental aspects
- Promoting awareness and encouraging participation of all staff
- Documenting and implementing an Environmental Management System
- Minimising all waste paper, ink and water
- Minimising and responsibly disposing of all hazardous waste
- Minimising environmental risk
- Minimising the consumption of energy and raw materials
Alec Walker and Mervyn Walker